Welcome to EmpowerHer Advocacy at Thrive+!
Hey there—I’m an advocate at Thrive+. As a women’s medical center, we know that dealing with tough stuff like an unplanned pregnancy can be really challenging. Today, we’re talking about taking care of yourself when things get tough. You need to look after your body, emotions, and mind. I’m sharing some practical tips and tools to help you make decisions that feel right for you. Remember, you’re not alone. We’re here to help you, no matter what.
Here at Thrive+ women’s medical center, we know it can be hard to care for yourself when you’re under stress. We all let our self-care slip when things get crazy. That’s why we’re here to help. You matter. And it’s important that you know some ways to take care of yourself, even when times are hard. Here are some ways that I’ve found can help during difficult seasons:
1. Taking Care of Your Body:
When things feel uncertain, focus on keeping your body healthy. Go for a walk or do some exercise to feel good both physically and mentally. Eating balanced meals with the right nutrients helps your body stay strong. Avoid using drugs or alcohol. They can make things more confusing. If you don’t feel well, call your doctor for advice.
- Go for a walk.
- Choose a variety of colorful fruits and veggies for your meals.
- Avoid using drugs or alcohol, especially when feeling stressed.
- If you’re not feeling well, schedule a check-up with a doctor or nurse.
Mayo Clinic, Exercise during Pregnancy
2. Handling Your Emotions:
As a women’s medical center, we know it’s important to stay healthy mentally, too! Dealing with your feelings is hard — but it’s harder to keep them in. Connect with people who care about you, like the team at Thrive+. Doing things you enjoy can make you feel better too. Have meaningful talks with trusted friends or family, or reach out to the supportive people at Thrive+. Taking care of your emotions is an important step in facing challenges.
- Connect with friends or family who make you feel good.
- Spend time doing activities you enjoy, like reading or drawing.
- Have a heart-to-heart with a close friend or family member.
- Reach out to the caring team at Thrive+ for a supportive conversation.
3. Keeping Your Mind in Check:
It’s normal to feel stressed. Most women do when they face an unexpected pregnancy. I get it! Try relaxing activities like meditation. Talk to a trusted adult or advocate (available at Thrive+, a women’s medical center) when you need to share your thoughts. Seeking professional help is okay too. Taking care of your mental well-being helps you stay strong and focused.
- Practice deep breathing or simple meditation techniques.
- Talk to a friend, counselor, or one of Thrive’s patient care advocates if you’re feeling overwhelmed.
- Consider joining a community class or activity to meet new friends.
- Seek professional help if you’re struggling with your thoughts or emotions.
4. Getting the Facts:
Being well-informed is like having a superpower when you’re dealing with tough choices. Talk to the experts at Thrive+ to get info about your options (abortion, adoption, and parenting), risks, and what resources are available. Making decisions is easier when you have the right info. Thrive+ is here to help without judging, and it won’t cost you anything.
- Schedule a chat with the experts at Thrive+ to understand your situation better.
- Research online resources or books to learn more about your options.
- Attend informational sessions or workshops to gather insights.
- Make a list of questions to ask the Thrive+ team during your conversation.
5. Making a Plan:
Think about what’s best for you and make a plan. Consider your options and At a women’s medical center like Thrive+, we can help you get trusted medical information to help you make an informed decision. Taking time to decide what to do is a way of taking care of yourself.
- Write down your goals and steps to achieve them.
- Talk to someone you trust about your plan for additional insights.
- Break down your plan into smaller, manageable tasks.
- Collaborate with the Thrive+ team to create a personalized action plan.
6. Moving Forward:
Even when things are hard, remember —you have choices and a future ahead. Thrive+ is passionate about supporting women. We offer no-cost services without judging you. We want to help you move forward and build a bright future. You’re not alone, and there are people ready to support you.
- Explore extracurricular activities to discover new interests.
- Attend workshops or classes to develop skills for your future.
- Set short-term and long-term goals for personal growth.
- Connect with mentors or role models for guidance and support.
Remember that taking care of yourself is a priority, especially when facing situations like an unplanned pregnancy. A women’s medical center, Thrive+ is here to support you during this time. We’re dedicated to providing non-judgmental, compassionate assistance to empower you in making decisions about your well-being.
If you have questions, need information, or just want someone to talk to, don’t hesitate to reach out. We offer a no-cost consultation where you can discuss your concerns and explore your options in a safe and confidential environment. Also, we provide pregnancy tests at no cost. Your journey is unique, and we are here to ensure you have the support and resources you need.
Take the next step towards empowerment and peace of mind. Contact Thrive+ today to schedule your consultation and pregnancy test. We’re here for you, ready to provide the care and guidance you deserve. You are not alone—let’s navigate this journey together.